27 November 2007

"everything?" "Everything." - redux (amended)

There a saying out in The Land - one I generally ascribe to: "Everything Is Better With Bacon - Including Bacon." I've espoused the merits and pleasure of bacon before, and I'll do it again...

For my birthday celebration recently, Ypsipearl got me (along with the Stone 11th Anniversary Ale) a Vosges gourmet chocolate bar. A BACON chocolate bar. I'd been holding off for just the right opportunity to crack it open and have some nibblin's, and that day was today. And no, I have no idea why I held off this long.

Well, the verdict is in: everything IS better with bacon. Including chocolate. Granted, some of the delightful pleasure has to do with the bonus inclusion of some smoke-flavored salt in the chocolate, but I'll give it an unrestrained thumbs-up in general.

As for the Stone 11th Anniversary Ale, it's big, roasty, a little sweet, and with a medium linger. Leans towards a Scotch Ale on the nose and tongue but not as sweet, tangy like a black beer, and a little heady. Good thing I don't need my car keys to get to my couch tonight.

... mmm, nummers.

Everything Better With Bacon Amendment (EBWBA) - talking with Daye at Punkin Fest, the notion of a bacon Immersion Garnish in a cocktail might not be the best idea. The bacon would probably get soggy and the salt would disappear. But if the bacon isn't IN the cocktail, maybe just a twist on the rim or something, then it would be OK... right?

3 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

we've been passing around a Mo's Bacon Bar here lately ... trying to see who will break down and eventually chaw on it.


one of our local canadian riff-raff braved a bite.



it wasn't pretty.

Ypsipearl said...

Glad you liked them. I bought the chocolate at Whole Foods and they have all kinds of funky flavors but I knew you had to have the bacon when I saw it.

Ypsipearl said...

I just noticed what you said about cocktails.

How about a bloody mary type drink, made with V-8, or better, home-juiced tomato and greens with vodka and a bacon garnish. A BLT?