23 March 2008

Kimchi

Good golly, I never had it so good.

My life had been sorely lacking, but then Brooke
got me all hooked up. I now have large quantities of Kimchi in my life, and life is so much better.

It's funny how the circles and patterns in ones life so easily become ruts. How many times have I rode or driven past the Hyundai Asian Market on Ellsworth? I've surely looked at the sign, but not seen it. But behind all the movie posters is a veritable bounty of mysterious seafood parts, kelp in all sorts of forms, the beloved Kimchi, and all sorts of other goodness in packages that haven't a single readable (to me) western character on them. Good thing they like to put pictures on the outside so that an ofay like me knows what they are. And good thing they don't sell baby food there.

There's a handful of other little shops over on Packard near Two Wheel Tango that surely have other delicious, economically priced delights just past their various Arabian-, Pakistani-, Indian-, and Japanese-awninged entrances.

I know it. I've been there. But I had forgotten. Sorry about that.

See you soon.

2 comments:

Kate said...

i am looking for bulk seafood salad. like the kind you eat with sushi. if you find that tell me.

biscodo said...

hmm... Not sure I know what you mean. I do like sushi, but don't know what "seafood salad" is. Some sort of fish parts? Kelp whoosey-whatsey?

I shall keep an eye out, regardless, but I probably won't know it until it bites me in the ass.