03 May 2007

my new weight-loss plan

Get sick. Don't eat for 2 days.

It's really that simple.

I went to the doc after my sore throat and body ache didn't go away, and yup, it's official: streptococcal whatchamohoosey. But on the way in, I got my stats taken and when I stepped on the scale I thought... "hey, that's not right - that's my butt nekkid weight, not my shoes + keys + clothes + whatever weight". Well, that's what you get for not eating. Not that I'm gonna miss the 5 or so pounds or anything, but it's not like it's gonna stay off once I'm feeling better.

On the downside, I'm really pissed that I missed a couple days of killer sunny Michigan spring weather while I was inside laying in bed in feverish pain. But, I'm glad I now have drugs that will make me non-infectious, and healthy to boot. And apologies to anyone I might have unknowingly infected over the past week. Sore throat? Go get you some antibiotics.

No comments: