15 April 2007

SRAM-alama-ding-dong


I finally just decided that the forces of Want exceeded my financial prudishness. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, and I plunked down my dollars.

The SRAM Force build kit is coming in about a week, and soon, grasshopper, soon, I'm gonna be all DoubleTap™ey-ish. More with-it in the 21st century, yes I am. I've been a proud retro-grouch with a fetish for Italian parts, but I think I'm gonna give the boys and girls in Chicago (and Taiwan, or India, or wherever they manfacture) a chance at my velo-pleasure-receptors.

In other parts news, it seems that there's rumors of carbon fork breakage. In this, I'll remain a retro-grouch for a while. Stems? Bars? Steerer tubes? pretty damn important to keeping your ass upright and on the bike. Granted, in the famous Hincapie wreck in Paris-Roubaix due to a broken steerer, it was an aluminum steerer (and not carbon) that probably was compromised in a previous crash... but still. I'm just not there yet. One day maybe, but not just yet.

No comments: