08 April 2007

wherever did my memory go?

If anyone finds my memories, would you mind returning them? Thanks.

I say this because I was browsing a friend's Netflix queue. I was adding comments about things that I liked and didn't like, hoping to spare them the pain of bad/unwatchable movies and wasted time. This led me to wonder and poke around in their history and see what they rated how.... which led me to wonder and poke around in my own history to see things I had watched (sort of a reversed cinematic ego-surfing).

While there's lots a remember watching, and even enjoying... did I even watch The Longest Yard? I don't remember it. Was it because beer was involved? And what the hell possessed me to get Mean Girls? For some reason, I can't remember the plot of Seabiscuit, though there sure was enough media buzz at the time that I should know it by osmosis.

But I am happy to report that I remember, enjoyed, and am happy to recommend: Crash, Secretary, Audition (caution: squirmy Japanese horror), 21 Grams, Oldboy, Traffic, and the new Battlestar Galactica series, to name a few.

No comments: