07 May 2013

roughage

Berf.


(go ahead, sound it out)

It's what seems to come to mind.  I've apparently been an on-again, off-again blogger, and life has gone on in the meantime.  I'll not bore you with protestations that "I'll be better, I'll write, I swear"... but I've been sensing lately that I've got mental blockage lately - something is stopping up the works, so best to clear out the pipes, and maybe exercising the narrative muscles will help.  The inevitable have passed in the meantime: time, death and taxes, gravity. The entertaining have visited as well: sex-drugs-rock-and-roll, art, the big wide world.

So much to chronicle, so little attention span.

The most pivotal, momentous, life-shift? I accidentally listened to reggae today during some tedious work stuff, and it didn't annoy me like it usually does.  It was weird.  I'm not really sure what it means.

So anyway, in the interest of blasting them out as markers, for elaboration later, the following topics in no particular order:
  • Death - Uncle, and more recently, Jeff's mom.
  • Genealogy
  • Autoimmune patchiness
  • Fear of Forty
  • Toxic workplaces (and whether I'm just too much of a grumpy curmudgeon)
  • Hair, a broken car, and a messy apartment
  • The merits and detriments of secret blogs, and the utility as diary
  • Craft Beer In Michigan
In the meantime, I continue sorting photos...



No comments: