03 August 2006

Zingermans out of control

I rarely go to Zingerman's these days, mostly because of what I'm about to bitch and complain about, but I decided to stop by... they've got free Wi-Fi, and instead of sitting around the house, I can sit around at a public place. So anyway, they (Zingerman's) have lost their friggin' minds. Sandwiches now averaging $12, coffee gone up to $2.50, and I swear, if that sandwich shows up and the sliced meat is all balled up in the center, I'm going to have a Furious Embollism. The only good explanations I can come up with are that either they have become a tourist trap (like the baseball field charging you $7.00 for a hot dog), or one of the owners has an expensive drug habit and is using the sandwich business to fund it. Best quote to describe the ZingPrice phenomenon...
"Zingermans: good food, bad service, mercenary prices"

No comments: