23 February 2007

Gone Beering, etc.

This weekend (tomorrow) is the Winter Beer Fest, which I won't hesitate to say I'm pretty stoked about. Gonna make a long day/weekend out of it - breakfast/lunch/brunch, then schlep out to Lansing, sample beer all afternoon, hang out with Georgina, Stacey, Andre, (Pete & Wendy?), goof around in town, then crash in Lansing, sleep in, and eventually come home sometime on Sunday. Not a bad plan, if I say so myself.

Finally am making "the switch"... I put my TV away in the basement storage locker some months ago, but somehow neglected to discontinue cable service because it's also my ISP. Well, I ordered up the DSL, the modem came in the mail yesterday, I'm waiting for it to get activated, and then I'll be free of the crappy Comcast service once and for all. I'll admit, I really don't miss TV. Sure, it's fun to watch the Toob and all, but I haven't had a speck of withdrawl.

I've been ignoring movies out there in the world for a couple weeks - I got the annual membership to Michigan Theater a while back, but haven't used it as much as I expected... I think I'll go see Sweet Land tonight (hopefully it's not playing in the cramped screening room). Either that, or Breach.

Oh yeah, and maybe later I'll tell the story about how one of my neighbors threatened to kill me yesterday. That one's pretty interesting...

No comments: