22 March 2007

just a sunny day for a ride...

Well, I fixed that squeaky cleat/pedal problem... not with skill or style or crafty solutions. Oh no, I fixed it by using the flat and flexible tool: the credit card.

I'm not sayin' that entry-level Look circa 1994 has anything wrong with it, but the cleats was gettin' a little wore out, some chunks busted out o' dem, and I swear thems was rattlin' a bit. (Damn, I've already got Kentucky creepin' in tuh me)

So I went for a ride, and golly if the SpeedCookie lollipops aren't a little more snug on the snap-in than the worn-out cleats I'd been riding on (why didn't I do this a year or two ago? Fucking hell, I must be lazy.) Positions might need a little tweaking (duh), but in general they work just fine. Hooray for SpeedPlay. Of course, the only color they had at the LBS was blue, and now I'm a little too blue on the bike for comfort. Blue frame, blue bar tape, blue pedals, blue helmet, blue jersey today, blue long-sleeves. I swear, I'm not fashion-focused... really, I'm not. But the blue thing has to stop.

Oh... and thank you Mr. Sunshine and Mrs. Blue Skies for being 62 degrees today. We will be happy to see you more and more in the coming months. Don't be a stranger. We likes you. We likes you lots.

No comments: