05 March 2007

Wallace, Gromit, and Aardman (a fireman chasing an igloo)

Been a while since I've watched Wallace & Gromit, but this afternoon was a screening of The Holey Trinity at the Michigan Theater with a preview cheese-tasting on your way into the theater. The cheese tasting was disappointing (really just a cheese-teasing, in my opinion). Nevertheless, I was there with Jeff & Jill & kids, and it was kinda cool that, for Aiden and Sadie's first-ever movie theater experience, they went to a theater that has a real live organist that plays before the movies, and an opera pit too. Of course, every movie after this for their entire lives will be cheap and tawdry after being introduced to the gilt ceilings and red velvet curtain of that historic building. Warren might have issues with the audio there, but luckily I've managed to see past that and my joy at the grandeur of the place is undiminished.

I'd make some sort of snide comment hassling people who are making snide comments (uh, that'd be me too) vs. people who work for change (i.e., if you think the audio sucks so bad... what are YOUR great ideas, hmm?), but I'm above that. Ok, no I'm not. I guess I shouldn't be too rude to the guy who educated me about three-point lighting (or "hair lighting" as it may be known in da biz) on Saturday. But yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and be hassle-y.

Back to the toons... If you haven't seen the original Creature Comforts, it's available on YouTube here. Damn great stuff - the jaguar from Brazil being my favorite, but the turtle interview with the other turtle on the hamster wheel in the background is pretty funny too. There's a new Creature Comforts apparently coming to CBS (as a series?). And back to YouTube, there's another one with the comedy that is the tragedy of politicans here.

Let's not forget Shaun the Sheep, either.

No comments: