22 March 2007

library killin' my mood

I just decided this week that I need to get out of town.

Just for a while, a little bit, a jaunt.

Somewhere warm, please. Maybe some camping, take the bike, do some riding... find somewhere hilly and warm. Where is it warm? Somewhere close, somewhere I can drive. Somewhere I don't need to plan too much. I can sleep in my car if I need to, camp when I can, hotel if I must.



The weather people are telling me Kentucky. My National Parks annual pass is still good... what's in Kentucky? (other than moonshine stills, baseball bat factories, and inbred toothless wonders).

Mammoth Cave. So that's where I'm going. But I figured I should plan a little bit, and stopped by the library to look for guidebooks and the like. What I found is that I couldn't find the Kentucky section. It should be right *here*, dammit... so I look at the catalog, and lo and behold EVERY single travel book about Kentucky is checked out, and judging by the due date, checked out by the same person. Damn you, fellow Kentucky traveler. Don't you know that I don't plan ahead and you're messin' with my last-minute spur-of-the-moment plans? Grr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky you! I went to the Mammoth Caves as a kid and I really want to go back. Kentucky happens to be where my maternal inbred toothless wonder side of the family is from.

biscodo said...

so.... you're sayin' they got a still down there? Think they can make me a good deal on some 'shine? :)

Seriously though, I've been told recently by a certain PhD that I'm a little too free with my embellishment of redneck stereotypes. So if you've still got family down there, let 'em know I'm coming to visit. If they think I deserve it, they can beat the shit out of me until I'm set straight on the matter.