12 November 2006

current lack of attention span

It's really starting to bug me, this lack of attention span I've got going on. It seems that I can't help be distracted by this, that, or the other thing so much that something requiring more than 10 minutes of concentration while sitting in one place is unlikely to happen. (hell, it just happened right there - mind wandering off to the "hmm... where to go hang out this afternoon?")
But you know, I think it has a simple source - the fact that I drink many cups of coffee each day. So in the tried-and-true technique of experimentation on one's self, I think I'll drop the morning pot-o'-coffee for a week. "How about switching to decaf?" nahhh, can't stand the taste. "Maybe reducing intake? Only one cup per day?" I'm not that fond of half-measures.

No comments: