21 January 2007

Toast. It's the new black.

Everywhere I seem to turn, Toast has developed immense power. No, I'm not talking about raising a glass during a meal, or the software product, or the metaphor for kinky sex. It's not code for anything. We're talking bread, heated for a short period of time and thusly crispy.

Suddenly, everyone is REALLY into toast. It comes up in conversation for no apparent reason. To some, toast is comforting. To others, it's just for mornings. For the few and the proud, it's a late-night snack at 4am after a full night of multi-functional exhilaration.

I never knew it was so... [mmnh]... pivotal. All this time I've had a toaster and not known it's power to transform lives.

3 comments:

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

Toast is a metaphor for kinky sex? I never knew it... How could you not tell me this until now???

biscodo said...

well, surely you don't talk to everyone you know about everything sex-related in your life... ???

It's just one of those things that just doesn't come up conveniently in conversation, I guess. But now you know.

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

And now I know the power of your toaster to set off the smoke alarm, too. That is a powerful toaster, man.

Of course I don't talk to everyone I know about everything sex-related in my life... I just talk to everyone except my mom about everything sex-related in my life! (or so it seems lately)

I am particularly fond of conversational topics that do not come up conveniently, btw. But then you know that already, don't you?