19 December 2006

FINALLY... *ugh*

After many, many, MANY charitable contributions to the weekly 9-ball tournament, I finally actually got somewhere with it... As in, I won enough matches to win my entry fee back. Nothing special at 8th place, (particularly since 1st place pays out 10x the entry fee) but it's a landmark for me. I've been making $20 donations forever, and never getting into the money has been aggravating, especially for a tournament that is handicapped to equalize stronger players against weaker ones (instead of an open tounament where the winners are champions who are easy to spot even before the first match).

So yeah, I'm not *too* proud of it - I wasn't really playing that spectacularly. I broke a spot ball in, made the cheese 5-6 times, shit the 9 in twice, and was fortunate to have opponents rattle the spot or 9 ball 3-4 times. A lucky tournament, but it's about time - after all those tournaments where I was generally feeling and playing well, either got a string of bad rolls or had my head stuck up my ass and couldn't make a 9-ball when it counted.

No comments: