21 December 2006

I hate Packard

In the spirit of the holidays, I'm embracing not only my rage, but my hatred. Where I live in Ann Arbor, my most often traveled street is Packard Rd. Going downtown? Packard westward. Going to Ypsi? Packard eastward. Going grocery shopping? Packard. Going to the West Side? Packard. Driving to Detroit? Packard. I have come to hate the familiarity of it. For some, familiarity is comforting. But for me... in this... it has bred the cliched contempt. I've started to go out of my way and intentionally engaged more traffic, or crappier roads, or riding hills, or whatever to avoid it. Who thought one could start to hate a road and the monotonous landscape it represents?

Sung to the tune "I Hate Music" by the Replacements (circa 1981)...

"I hate Packard
Sometimes I don't
I hate Packard
It's got too many notes

I hate my high school
Sometimes I went
I hate Packard, man
Never heaven sent
"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Packard can wear on one. Anyways, just wanted to say that contrary to your blogroll title, I truly doubt I'm cooler than you, but thanks! :) --ypsidixit

biscodo said...

iof course you're cooler than me - you know words like "blogroll". ;)